Mariemont Players presents BEAU JEST, a comedy by James Sherman at the Walton Creek Theater, 4101 Walton Creek Road (just East of Mariemont), September 9th through September 25th, 2016.
Sarah is a nice Jewish girl with a problem: her parents want her married to a nice Jewish boy. They have never met her boyfriend, a WASP executive named Chris Kringle. She tells them she is dating a Jewish doctor and they insist on meeting him. She plans a dinner party and, over the heated protests of Chris, employs an escort service to send her a Jewish date to be Dr. Steinberg. Instead, they send Bob Schroeder, an aspiring actor who agrees to perform the impersonation. Happily, he is extremely convincing in the role and Sarah’s parents are enraptured. Soon, even Sarah falls for Bob. “BEAU JEST” reminds us of the kind of humor we can find in our own lives – the kind that renews us from within, if only in passing moments.
“A LIGHT, SWEET, ROMANTIC COMEDY.” – Chicago Tribune. “HILARIOUS AND QUITE MOVING. SHERMAN WONDERFULLY BLENDS FARCE WITH A GENUINE INSIGHT.” – Chicago Sun Times. “VERY FUNNY…THIS WELL-CRAFTED PLAY HAS A LOT TO SAY ABOUT NUCLEAR FAMILIES OF ANY ETHNIC PERSUASION.” – Wall Street Journal.
BEAU JEST is directed by Dan Maloney, produced by Norma Niinemets, and features the talents of Meagan Blasch, Joel Lind, Linda Callahan, Evan Blanton, and Jay Gossett.
Performances will be:
- 8 PM Friday, September 9th
- 8 PM Saturday, September 10th
- 2 PM Sunday, September 11th
- 7:30 PM Thursday, September 15th
- 8 PM Friday, September 16th
- 8 PM Saturday, September 17th
- 2 PM Sunday, September 18th
- 7 PM Sunday, September 18th
- 7:30 PM Thursday, September 22nd
- 8 PM Friday, September 23rd
- 3 PM Saturday, September 24th
- 8 PM Saturday, September 24th
- 2 PM Sunday, September 25th
To order tickets for BEAU JEST, call Betsy at 513-684-1236 OR order online at www.mariemontplayers.com. All seats are reserved and $20 each.