CPT Co-founder and Director Carol Brammer this week announced the theatre’s 2012-2013 season, which will be its first full season since its inception in 2009. It will include an array of in-house and guest productions, an advanced teen musical workshop, and adult, teen and children’s classes.
The season will include: Nothing by Nic Balthazar (Produced by Unity Productions), August 17-Sept. 2; A Bright New Boise by Samuel D. Hunter (Produced by The Clifton Players), October 12-28, with a special matinee Sunday, Oct. 21, 2 p.m.; Savage in Limbo by John Patrick Shanley (Produced by Untethered Theater Co.), November 9-25; Red Light Winter by Adam Rapp (Produced by Untethered Theater Co.), January 18-February 3, 2013; A Behanding in Spokane by Martin McDonagh (Produced by The Clifton Players), March 8-24, 2013; Apartment 3A by Jeff Daniels (Produced by Untethered Theater Co.), April 12-28, 2013; and a special guest production by local actor and playwright Y York entitled Krisit (Directed by Mark Lutwak and Y York, Produced by Carol Brammer and The Clifton Players), May 17-June 2, 2013, and Love Stories by Itamar Moses (Produced by Untethered Theater Co.), July 12-28, 2013.
All performances take place at Clifton Performance Theatre, 404 Ludlow Avenue, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 8pm unless otherwise noted. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased online at http://www.cliftonperformancetheatre.com (click on “box office” in the top menu bar).
CPT classes and workshops include:
- Baby Box musical theater preperatory class for ages 3-7, Saturdays, 10-11am. Session One: Sept. 15-Dec. 15 (except Saturday, Nov. 24). Session Two: Jan. 12-April 27, 2013. Cost per session: $225. Pro-rated fee: $15 per class.
- Children’s Workshops for ages 5-16. This workshop allows students to learn, rehearse and perform a full-length children’s musical. Session One: Cinderella – Mon./Wed., Oct. 1-24, 6-7:30pm. Performances: Sat., Oct. 26 and Sun., Oct. 27, 3 pm. Cost: $185, with $50 deposit upon registration. Sessions 2-4 will rehearse and perform Hansel & Gretel, Sleepy Hollow and A Christmas Carol. Go to http://www.cliftonperformancetheatre.com for dates and times.
- NEW – Improv for Teens. This class teaches the art of making up theater on the spot – think Second City in Chicago. Taught by local professional actor and Playhouse regular Kevin Crowley. Session One: Saturdays, Sept. 15-Oct. 27, 12:30-2pm. Session Two: Saturdays, Nov. 3-Dec. 15, 12:30-2pm, except Nov. 24. Cost per session: $235.
- • NEW – Audition Prep, for teens ages 12-18. Taught by Cathy Springfield, League of Cincinnati Theatres (LCT) president, a review panelist for the Cincinnati professional theatre companies and co-founder of the American Repertory Theatre of Cincinnati. Session One: Mondays, Oct. 1-Nov. 19, 7-8:30pm. Cost per session: $235.
- NEW – Advanced Musical Workshop for Teens. This workshop will conclude in a two-weekend December production of Kiss Me, Kate and is by audition only. Taught by CPT Co-founder and Director Carol Brammer. Email Carol at CPTCincy@gmail.com to schedule an audition. Rehearsals: Mondays, Oct. 1-Dec. 10, 5-7pm OR 6-8pm (TBD).
- NEW – Adult Acting Classes. Taught by local professional actor and Playhouse regular Kevin Crowley. Session One: Tuesdays, Sept. 11-Oct. 23, 8-9:30pm. Session Two: Tuesdays, Oct. 30-Nov. 18, 8-9:30pm. Cost per session: $235.
For more information on Clifton Performance Theatre, its season lineup and to register for classes, go to www.cliftonperformancetheatre.com or call 513.861.SHOW (7469).