The 2012 Cincinnati Fringe is one for the record books. Attendance was up almost 7% with total attendance of nearly 7,700. As reported early, Saturday, June 2nd had the highest single day attendance in nine years of 1,100.
From my experience, this year’s festival was also the best to date. Well-organized and well-run, this year’s festival chugged along like a well-oiled machine. Congratulations to everyone involved for a great job.
Here is the list of LCT Awards announced last night. (Any errors or omissions are mine.)
- Outstanding Production: GRIM AND FISCHER
- Special Contribution (Technical): NOTHING
- Outstanding Solo Performance: METHTACULAR!, Steven Strafford
- Outstanding Solo Performance: STRANGE DREAMZ, Kevin J. Thornton
- Outstanding Solo Performance: BREAKING RANK!, Howard Petrick
- Outstanding Ensemble: DON’T CROSS THE STREAMS
- Outstanding Solo Performance: TRAPPED IN A BOX, Casey Pilkenton
- Outstanding Improv: CECILY AND GWENDOLYN
- Outstanding Production: BOMBUS AND BERRYLINNE
Pick of the Fringe Awards
- FringeNext: BLOWN UP
- Critic’s Pick: BOMBUS AND BERRYLINNE
- Audience Pick: ON HER PILLOW
- All Access Pick: GRIM & FISCHER
- Artists’ Pick: METHTACULAR
- Producers’ Pick: THE SCREW YOU REVUE
Much love to my Fringe-ing friends. Thanks for a great 12 days. See you in 2013 for the tenth anniversary fringe.