Passion, betrayal, and a bargain with a terrible price. In one of the Bard’s most controversial and thrilling plays, Antonio covers a debt for his friend Bassanio, from the complicated and persecuted Shylock—who has much reason to resent Antonio. Across lines of race and wrongdoing, Antonio must face a terrible fate, while Bassanio finds true love in the arms of the delightful Portia. Watch what happens as events culminate in a cross-dressing courtroom battle in THE MERCHANT OF VENICE.
- In preview Wed-Thu, May 9-10 at 7:30pm. All seats $14.
- Fri-Sat, May 11-12 at 7:30pm
- Thu-Sat, May 17-19 at 7:30pm
- Sun, May 20 at 2pm
- Thu-Sat, May 24-26 at 7:30pm
- Sun, May 27 at 2pm
- Thu-Sat, May 31-June 2 at 7:30pm
- Sun, June 3 at 2pm
Local media coverage: Cincinnati Examiner article |