Stephen Sondheim’s remarkable Broadway fable of friendship and the high price of success opens in the present and moves backward in time. The triumphs and failures of a jaded composer and his two closest friends are traced from their estranged ending to their idealistic beginning. Directed by John Doyle, who led our Tony Award-winning production of Company, the performers in this highly anticipated revival will play all of the instruments as they act and sing in one of Sondheim’s most melodic scores.
MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG is suitable for adults and children age 13 and older. It contains adult language and mature themes.
Directed & choreographed by John Doyle
Music directed by Matt Castle
Music supervisor/orchestration by Mary-Mitchell Campbell
Cast: Malcolm Gets as Franklin Shepard, Daniel Jenkins as Charley Kringas, Becky Ann Baker as Mary Flynn, Jane Pfitsch as Beth, Leenya Rideout as Gussie Carnegie, Jessica Tyler Wright as K.T., Matt Castle as Scotty, Bruce Sabath as Joe Josephson, Lee Harrington as Meg, Fred Rose as Tyler, David Garry as Jerome, Matthew Deming as Ru & Ben Diskant as Frank, Jr.
- In preview Sat, March 3 at 8pm
- In preview Sun, March 4 at 2pm
- In preview, Tue-Wed, March 6-7 at 7:30pm
- Thu-Fri, March 8-9 at 8pm
- Sat, March 10 at 4pm & 8pm
- Sun, March 11 at 2pm & 7pm
- Tue-Wed, March 13-14 at 7:30pm
- Thu-Fri, March 15-16 at 8pm
- Sat, March 17 at 4pm & 8pm
- Sun, March 18 at 2pm & 7pm
- Tue-Wed, March 20-21 at 7:30pm
- Thu-Fri, March 22-23 at 8pm
- Sat, March 24 zt 4pm & 8pm
- Sun, March 25 at 2pm & 7pm
- Tue, March 27 at 7:30pm
- Wed, March 28 at 1pm
- Thu-Fri, March 29-30 at 8pm
- Sat, March 31 at 4pm & 8pm