Bart’s Bards, a theatrical ministry of St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, is holding an Open Call for Directors for our summer 2023 musical.
Dates for the run are Thursday, June 8 (evening); Friday, June 9 (evening); Saturday, June 10 (matinee and evening); and Sunday, June 11 (matinee).
The show will be performed on the Ray Sowell Commemorative Stage in the Fr. William F. Krumpe Activity Center in Springfield Township, OH. Interested persons should email Barry Reynolds at email@example.com to schedule a 45-minute evening appointment time between September 19 and 23.
Potential directors may pitch up to two shows. The show which is selected will:
- be a large-cast musical production for members of all ages, including the potential for a large number of children;
- have several lead-role opportunities for actors of all ages; and
- be a family-friendly production that presents a message that is consistent with the values of the Catholic Church. To aid potential directors with show selection, here is a sample of our recent productions:
- Bye Bye Birdie
- The Wizard of Oz
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid
- The Fiddler on the Roof
- Seussical: The Musical
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Music Man
We will hear your pitch(es) and spend some time talking with you about our theatre community and hearing from you about your practices and expectations as a director. Please bring along your theatrical resumé and contact information.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Bart’s Bards Board Vice President, Barry Reynolds, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest!