Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Teaching Artist Fellowship Program/Summer Camp Counselor (seasonal)
Pay: $480 Weekly
- Orientation/Training May31 – June 3
- Weeks 1-4: June 5 – July 1
- Holiday Days Off: June 20 and July 4-5
- Camp Prep and Training: July 6-7, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Weeks 5-8: July 11-August 5
Weekly Trainings: during weeks 1-8, Wednesdays from 6-7:15 p.m., online
The Teaching Artist Training Fellowship at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park provides pedagogical training in a realistic environment for emerging artists interested in pursuing artistry as a career. We are looking for candidates that have an interest in the following:
- Music Theater
During Playhouse summer camps, fellows will serve as camp counselors, including working as teaching assistants and group leaders. They will learn by doing, observing, assisting, and leading, all while receiving supplemental training throughout the summer. As Teaching Artist Fellows/counselors, participants in the training program will help to facilitate all aspects of camp, including serving as role models who assist and motivate campers. Throughout the day, counselors facilitate their group’s activities, complete check-in and check-out of students, proctor camper breaks, and support Teaching Artists as teaching assistants during classes, among other projects as assigned.
- Group Leader for one group each week or floater as needed
- Lead morning warm-up and afternoon group activities
- Escort students to each class & assist Teaching Artists during classes
- Proctor all student breaks and lunch
- Assist with room and administrative prep
- Coach students one-on-one and in small groups
- Support students in the Launchpad Accessibility program as needed
- Perform administrative duties, as required for group management
- Help meet CDC COVID-19 safety/cleaning requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Co-teach and lead teach as designed within the Fellowship program
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working with children, particularly in a large group setting preferred.
- Experience with administrative processes preferred
- Completed or are working towards a college degree in theater or possess relevant experience
- Good email communication skills
- Experience with customer service
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- Ability to interact and build relationships with diverse backgrounds, personalities, and working styles.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to speak clearly and to hear/listen to campers and other staff via phone or in-person
- Position may require local travel to other worksites
- Housing is not available at this time.
This position requires travel to camp locations, including School of the Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA), Mason Community Center/High School, Evendale Cultural Arts Center, and Wyoming Fine Arts Center/Civic Center. Qualified candidates must be flexible and able to move to a different location if needed by the camp administrative team; therefore, candidates must possess reliable transportation.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and Federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job’s essential functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to reflect the current position accurately, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
To apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume and references by March 31, 2022, to the Education and Engagement Department using this application link https://form.jotform.com/220093890406151 .