Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Summer Camp Site Leader
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- June 6 – July 1,
- July 11 – August 5, 2022
- Prep/training weeks: May 23-June 3, 2022
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks three Summer Camp Site Leaders for our 2022 Summer Theatre Day Camp program.
Site Leaders oversees the facilitation of all aspects of the day to day of camp including, but not limited to; check-in and check-out, basic parent communication, materials, and room prep, implementing the staff break plan, and class rotations. They are instrumental in creating and maintaining a positive and exciting camp environment. Ideal candidates are currently attending college, are recent college graduates or possess relevant experience, have experience working with children and are enthusiastic about summer camps.
- Maintain all paperwork including check-in/out sheets, name tags and group rosters for each week
- Direct parent communication during camp
- Oversee daily check-in/out process
- Process and turn in all injury reports
- Oversee the set–up and strike of classrooms each week
- Implement break and class rotation schedule
- Troubleshoot challenges as they come up
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working with children
- Experience with administrative processes preferred
- Currently attending college, recent college graduate, or relevant experience
- Good email communication skills
- Experience with customer service
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and working styles.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- The employee must have the ability to speak clearly and to hear/listen to campers and other staff via phone or in person
- The employee must have digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of standard office equipment (computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets)
- This position may require local travel to other worksites. Therefore, this employee must have reliable means of transportation
Hours are 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, hours may vary. Selected candidates will also need to be available for training and preparation May 23-27, hours arranged and May 31-June 3, 2022, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
This position requires travel to camp locations including Mason Community Center, Mason High School, Evendale Cultural Arts Center, Wyoming Civic Center, Wyoming Fine Arts Center, and Downtown Cincinnati Area (Location TBA). Qualified candidates must be flexible and able to move to a different location if needed by the camp administrative team; therefore, candidates must possess reliable transportation.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and Federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Ariana Moses, Education Director, at Ariana.Moses@cincyplay.com and cc Amy Stier at Amy.Stier@cincyplay.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the positions will be filled as soon as the successful candidates are identified.