Auditions for our Spring 2022 musical, Descendants the Musical, will be on:
- Mon-Tue, March 7-8 from 6:20-9pm
Callbacks (for those requested) will be Thu. March 10.
To secure an opportunity to audition, you must sign up for a date/time via SignUpGenius. Additional audition details are provided on the SignUpGenius page.
We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
Performances will be June 10-12, at the Mason Middle School Theater.
From the SignUpGenius page.
Who: Anyone 7-18 years old (and still in high school, class of 2022 eligible to audition)
When: Monday, March 7 or Tuesday, March 8, 6:20-9:00 pm. Your entire audition will take about 45 minutes – 1 hour. Callbacks (for those requested) will be on Thursday, March 10 at 6:30pm.
Where: Acting Up Mason, 108 E. Church St, Mason, OH 45040
Show Info: Based on the popular Disney Channel Original Movies, Disney’s Descendants: The Musical is a brand-new musical comedy featuring the beloved characters and hit songs from the films!
It is present-day, and in the kingdom of Auradon, all of Disney’s beloved heroes and royalty are living happily ever after, safe from the terrifying villains and troublesome sidekicks they have banished to the magic-free Isle of the Lost. That is until Ben, the benevolent teenage son of Belle and King Adam (The Beast), offers a chance of redemption for the troublemaking offspring of the evilest villains. Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos – the children of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Cruella De Vil, and Jafar – are welcomed to Auradon Prep to attend school with the children of their parents’ sworn enemies. Now entering a completely foreign world and way of life, the four Villain Kids have a difficult choice to make: should they follow in their parents’ wicked footsteps or learn to be good?
What to prepare and bring:
- Song: Be prepared to perform 32 measures (no longer than 1 minute) of any song that highlights your voice. This should be a Broadway-type song. You should sing with karaoke-type music (no vocals) downloaded on your phone, iPod, or CD. There will not be an accompanist. (Please note, no WiFi is available in our building and cell service is spotty, so please have any music pre-downloaded.)
- Monologue: You should perform a monologue no longer than 1 minute that demonstrates your acting ability.
- Dress to dance. A short piece of choreography will be taught and performed as part of the audition process.
- Audition Form: Found on our database at ActingUpdb.com. Please create an account and enter all your information, including ALL conflicts from March 20 – June 12. If you already have an account, DO NOT create a new one, but make sure to update your information before printing. Bring a printed copy of the audition form, including your conflicts list, with you to your audition. Please make sure that ALL of your CONFLICTS are listed in the database and printed with your form. ALL conflicts must be reported at auditions.
- Photo: Bring a recent photo that looks like you, that you do not need returned. No need for professional photos, it is merely to help the casting board recall who is who.
Schedule: Rehearsals will begin the week of March 20, and are expected to be Monday-Thursday 6:30-9:00pm and Sundays 2:00-5:00pm. Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal. Performances will be June 10-12 at the Mason Middle School Theater.
Who’s Directing?: Acting Up’s Spring Musical will be directed by Rachelle Penilla, with assistant director Brighton Hummer. Music Direction by Jeanne Bilyeu.
Acting Up COVID protocols: We will continue to follow the recommendations of the Warren County Department of Health. We will update closer to auditions with current protocols. For auditions – During the monologue and song portion of the audition, we will ask that all actors remove their mask.