March 13, 2020, Fort Thomas, KY— As arts organizations across the tri-state face the difficult decision of whether or not to proceed with performances in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, Village Players of Fort Thomas’ most important priority is, as always, the health and safety of our patrons and artists. With that in the front of our minds, and after much careful discussion and consideration, we have decided that we will stage the final two performances of ROOM FOR SECONDS tonight, March 13th, and tomorrow night, March 14th.
However, with respect to growing concerns about public spaces, we’d like to share some important safety notes for our audiences:
- We are limiting audiences to fifty people in our 102-capacity performance space. Patrons who have already purchased tickets are guaranteed admission.
- Programs will not be reused, and fresh programs will be distributed at both performances.
- We are disinfecting thoroughly and daily in accordance with CDC guidelines and recommendations.
- Hand sanitizer is available for all patrons, artists, and volunteers.
We understand that anxiety is high at this time, and we respect the personal comfort of our patrons. If you have tickets for tonight or tomorrow and are unable to attend, please reach out to us at (859) 781-3583.
No decisions regarding a cancellation or delay of our spring production of THE LAST FIVE YEARS have been made at this time, but please check our website and Facebook page for updates as we get closer to the planned April 17th opening of that show.
ROOM FOR SECONDS
Written and directed by A.K. Forbes
Cast: Ginny Butch, Nathan Henegar, Katie Jensen, Judy Littlefield, Steve Myers and the voice talent of Bill Brohaugh
When Zen brings his new 24-and-a-half-year-old girlfriend home to meet his mother, a sauce made of strawberries sends her to the hospital, In the aftermath, his mother, his ex-girlfriend, and his father conspire to avoid legal culpability. Their efforts prove to be ineffective but humorous, revealing hidden motives and secrets, ultimately ending with the status quo safely intact.
- Fri-Sat, March 6-7 at 8pm
- Sun, March 8 at 2pm
- Thu-Sat, March 12-14 at 8pm