Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Scene Shop Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Technical Director
Position Overview: Responsible for the coordination and execution of logistical and clerical duties necessary to the function of the Scene Shop, Props Shop, and Paint Department.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Research, order and track materials, tools, and hardware for all shops
- Maintain inventories of physical and digital materials for all shops
- Maintain orderly financial filing system
- Maintain and track petty cash
- Maintain a list of vendors for supplies, equipment, repairs, rentals, etc.
- Maintain balanced budgets and prepare weekly budget reports for Scenic Department Heads, Production Management, and Finance
- Provide logistical support for all shop personnel
- Track and process labor needs including time card management, scheduling extras/overhires, and planning for non-typical work schedules
- Contract rentals, including forklifts, dumpsters, & trucks
- Update safety logs
- Coordinate building maintenance needs including safety inspections, repairs, stocking vending machines, dumpster removal, etc.
- Schedule and track maintenance and repairs of tools, hardware, and office equipment
- Generate workflow schedules for each production including key dates, duration of each production process, and detailed build and load-in schedules.
- Track and report labor hours
- Prepare memos, emails, and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience (BA in Theatre/Production Management preferred)
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & Outlook (proficiency with accounting software, such as QuickBooks, preferred)
- Ability to adapt to and quickly learn new procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Working knowledge of scenic construction processes is preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The position also requires the ability to frequently stand, walk, sit, climb a ladder and bend as necessary. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time, seasonal, non-exempt position with an expected start date of July 2019. Benefits include medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, and 401k/403b pension plans.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Human Resources Manager
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: March 22, 2019