Mason Community Players is excited to announce auditions for our second show of 2018, ENCHANTED APRIL. Join director Rebecca McLaughlin, and producer Dana Davis, at auditions on Saturday, January 13, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM or Tuesday, January 16, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. Auditions on both days will be held at Theatre 42, located on 2752 S. US Route 42, Lebanon, OH 45036. The venue is just north of Mason on Route 42 one driveway to the right beyond the Southwest Golf Ranch.
Join us as we bring the classic, ENCHANTED APRIL, to the stage. The story follows two frustrated London housewives who decide to rent a villa in Italy for a holiday away from their bleak marriages. They decide to recruit two very different English women to share the cost and the experience. There, among the wisteria blossoms and Mediterranean sunshine, all four bloom again – rediscovering themselves in ways that they – and the audience – could never have expected.
Be prepared to for cold readings from the script.
Please be ready to provide your performance history and any scheduling conflicts you may have at auditions.
ENCHANTED APRIL will be presented on April 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 20th, and 21st.
- Lottie Wilton (Lead): Female, 30-45, a Hampstead housewife, embodies openness, uncertainty and vulnerability, the ideal of an Italian holiday is her Holy Grail, brings joy and hope to the mix of the women and is most attuned to the transformation possible in this process.
- Rose Arnott (Lead): Female, 35-50, a Hampstead housewife, severe, emotionally taut and deeply sad, the loss of a child still haunts her, and she restrains her feelings constantly, she is called a “disappointed Madonna” by other characters, and until she is in Italy, this doesn’t shift for her, there, her sadness relaxes, and she finds her footing again with her husband and her life.
- Lady Caroline Bramble (Lead): Female, 20-39, a classic 1920’s flapper, also a young woman haunted by loss and the exhaustion of the London social scene, she is of the manor born and a heralded beauty, she is also used to being pampered and petted, Italy changes Caroline’s resistance to real relationships and allows her another chance at love.
- Mrs. Graves (Supporting): Female, 60-89, a London matron of high moral standards and expectations, Mrs. Graves walks with a stick and clings to the past with fervor and stubborn intention, Italy allows her to open up, connect to others and show a softer, kinder side.
- Mellersh Wilton (Supporting): Male, 40-59, Lottie’s husband and a solicitor, forceful and respectful and thinks too much of himself, thrifty about household matters, Mellersh is extravagant about food and lacks patience for his wife’s “foolishness”, Italy gives him a new vantage point on her charms and re-establishes a kindly streak within him.
- Frederick Arnott (Supporting): Male, 40-60, Rose’s husband and an author, writes salacious novels under a nom de plume, spends a great deal of time away from his wife and knows Lady Caroline in his “other” world, Italy returns Frederick to his wife and re-establishes the romance of their relationship.
- Anthony Wilding (Supporting): Male, 30-49, an artist and the owner of the villa, Wilding is initially smitten with Rose, whom he assumes is a war widow, eventually he finds love with Lady Caroline, he is a kind and good man, though insecure.
- Costanza (Supporting): Female, 40-69, the Italian housekeeper, required to perform her role in Italian, she is feisty, funny, and full of fire.