You are cordially invited to this year’s reading of new plays by student, faculty/staff and local playwrights–MIAMI WRITES 2017.
Friday December 1, 2017
Studio 307 (307 Phelps Hall)
Miami University Hamilton
1601 University Blvd.
Hamilton Ohio 45011
This year’s winning playwrights are:
- Marissa Carrion; MUM, TRiO published in Pulaski Technical College’s literary magazine The View from Here in 2009
- Roger Collins; fiction writer, playwright, and professor emeritus of education at the University of Cincinnati
- Ty Greenwood; MU Oxford Theatre Graduate Student
- Jada Harris; Gallagher Playwriting Award, MU Theatre Senior
- Alan Jozwiak; Cincinnati Playwrights Initiative, plays have appeared three times in the Cincinnati Fringe Festival and he obtained a City of Cincinnati Individual Artist Grant to write and produce Only When I Bleed, a play about cutting and self-injury
- Rich Rees; Adjunct–English, two screenplays in the top five of the Rod Serling Screenwriting Competition
- Karen Righter; Dramatists Guild of America, Antioch Writers’ Workshop, recipient of a Human Race staged reading