Auditions begin at 7:00 PM each evening. Auditioners are encouraged to arrive at the Dayton Playhouse in advance of the auditions to fill out the Audition Form. Theatre resumes are encouraged; auditioners need to be prepared to list all conflicts between the audition date and the final performance of the production. All auditions are held at the Dayton Playhouse: 1301 Siebenthaler Avenue in Dayton (inside Wegerzyn Gardens MetroPark).
Beehive: The Sixties Musical
Created by Larry Gallagher
Directed by Tina McPhearson
Produced by Kelli Locker
January 19 through February 4, 2018
Auditions: November 6 & 7, 2017
The Dayton Playhouse will hold open auditions for BEEHIVE: THE 60’S MUSICAL on Monday, November 6th and Tuesday, November 7th at 7:00 pm. Call backs may be held Wednesday, November 8th at 7:00 pm (if needed). Production dates are January 19th – February 4th. Those auditioning should bring one prepared song that shows off their range and an additional song to sing if asked. Please dress comfortably for dance auditions. An accompanist will be provided. NO “A CAPPELLA” SINGING, PLEASE!
Audiences around the world are cheering this exciting and colorful salute to the women who made the music of the 1960s so special – Lesley Gore, Janis Joplin, The Shirelles, Aretha Franklin and so many more! With 40 beloved hits, the show takes you on a journey through song, documenting the dramatic changes that America underwent during the 60’s.
Director Tina McPhearson, Musical Director Tim Rezash and Choreographer Annette Looper will be looking for six female singer/dancers of diverse ethnicities, ages 20s to early 40s. All must be exceptional vocalists and strong dancers/movers. This will be a highly choreographed, high energy production. Some of the women will be used as backup singer/dancers for Aretha Franklin and as Ikettes backing up Tina Turner. Many well known singers are portrayed (and sometimes parodied) within the production. Not looking for imitations but capturing the essence of certain performers.
- Woman 1 Songs include: ‘One Fine Day’, ‘I’m Sorry’ (Brenda Lee), ‘Remember (Walking in the Sand)’ ‘Downtown’ (Petula Clark)
- Woman 2 Songs include: ‘My Boyfriend’s Back’, ‘The Beat Goes On’, ‘I DreamAbout Frankie’ (Annette Funicello)
- Woman 3 Songs include: ‘I Can Never Go Home Again’, ‘It’s My Party’ and ‘You Don’t Own Me’ (Lesley Gore), “Do Right Woman’, ‘You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me’ (Dusty Springfield)
- Woman 4 Songs include: ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow’ ‘Where The BoysAre’ (Connie Francis), ‘Piece of My Heart’ and ‘Me and Bobby McGee’ (Janis Joplin)
- Woman 5 Songs include: ‘I Sold My Heart to the Junkman’, ‘RESPECT‘ and “Natural Woman’ (Aretha Franklin)
- Woman 6 Songs include: ‘Sweet Talkin’ Guy’, ‘Where Did Our Love Go’ and ‘Come See About Me’ (Diana Ross), ‘Proud Mary’ (Tina Turner)