Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician is responsible for performing basic network and workstation administration and troubleshooting tasks. This individual will be the first point of contact for helpdesk support related issues as well as providing system-level support and routine maintenance of existing operating systems, hardware, and applications. The IT Support Technician is a full-time position with benefits. Evening, weekend, and on-call hours are sometimes required.
Reports to: IT Manager
- Resolves issues submitted to the IT helpdesk including: upgrades, MS Office, Desktop workstations, network, telecommunications, and CRM/ticketing application.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication. Escalates major problems to appropriate level.
- Shares on-call responsibilities for the IT helpdesk with other members of the IT team based on the Service Level Agreement.
- Assists with or installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, desktop workstations, and thin clients.
- Assists with or installs appropriate software packages and upgrades such as operating systems, device drivers, and office applications.
- Maintains system documentation including an accurate asset database, and provides routine network clean-up.
- Maintains confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Provides application training for end users as needed.
- Monitors email and end point protection systems.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 Server 2008R2/2012R2
- Microsoft Office 365 (Office 2013/2016)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, File and Print services
- Remote Desktop Services/Terminal Servers
- Troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks
- Knowledge of Subnets and VLANs
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Online Microsoft SharePoint
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in a technical field or 1-2 years experience in similar role, or a combination of education and experience.
- Relevant Certifications are desirable (A+, Network +, MCITP).
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints while under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills that can be applied to documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills (courteous, tactful, professional demeanor).
- Excellent written and verbal skills; experience presenting to groups preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in the Theatre/Arts a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to ITRecruiter@cincyplay.com by
June 23, 2017. No phone calls please.