Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
Marketing Administrative Assistant
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks a Marketing Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support, coordinate the flow of marketing tactics through the department and provide some basic writing and proofreading assistance.
As the region’s preeminent professional theatre and winner of two Tony Awards, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park produces a season of mainstage and community touring productions that feature storytelling of exceptional artistry and unmatched variety. The Playhouse draws the nation’s finest actors, directors and designers from across the country to Cincinnati for a range of new and classic works, regional and world premieres, musicals and dramas that are all performed in an intimate, iconic setting. A not-for-profit organization, the Playhouse is a member of the League of Resident Theatres (LORT).
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications but works closely with and assists all members of the department.Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain department files (electronic and physical) and perform other administrative tasks to support the marketing department.
- Track and manage the direct mail schedule.
- Fill out purchase orders for invoices and record expenses in Excel spreadsheets.
- Coordinate and send traffic instructions and promotional needs for advertising schedules.
- Produce and post in-house lobby signage for each show.
- Track media coverage and maintain media coverage log.
- Write photo cut-lines, fact sheets and schedules of run for each production.
- Size production photos and headshots.
- Keep headshot and bio roster up-to-date and assist with the collection and approval process of artist bios and headshots.
- Assist with administrative and editorial collection needs for show programs.
- Write and distribute weekly in-house newsletter.
- Assist with proofreading publications and marketing materials.
- Keep information on various community calendars up-to-date annually.
- Update various marketing Excel spreadsheets as directed.
- Write and distribute marketing memos.
- Collate and organize sponsorship results data.
- Assist with engagement activities and special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A strong work ethic that demonstrates initiative, organization and attention to detail, while being flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent communication, business writing and editing skills.
- Ability to juggle and track multiple projects and work with deadlines.
- Interest in theatre and the arts is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 15-20lbs.
- Ability to work 35 hours per week, normally between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday with a one-hour, unpaid lunch.
- The ability to work some periodic evening or weekend hours is preferred.
Provide a cover letter and resume. Cover letter should summarize your qualifications for this position and why you are interested in working at the Playhouse.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Deadline to apply: May 23, 2017
No phone calls, please.