Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Department: Assistant Company Manager/Management Associate
Reports to: Company Manager and Associate Producer
Classification: Full-Time, Seasonal, Hourly, Non-exempt
Position Start Date: September 6, 2022
Salary Range: $19.10/hour
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is searching for an Assistant Company Manager/Management Associate who is interested in both the hospitality side of artist relations as well as learning more about the management side of a nationally recognized regional Theatre. The position primarily works with Company Management but will learn and assist in general management duties. The position may require work outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends as well as periodic “on call” hours.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Company Manager to provide top notch hospitality service to Playhouse guest artists throughout Playhouse’s Season.
- Assist in providing out of town artist transportation to and from the Playhouse, grocery runs and doctor visits.
- Organizing and facilitating grocery runs for visiting artists and/or assisting in expediting grocery delivery on a weekly basis.
- Assist in maintenance and cleaning of artist housing for visiting artists while identifying apartment problems and issues to the Company Manager.
- Responsible for updating Playhouse’s Guest Artists’ handbook, information for artists and digital filing for the department.
- Assist in handling general day-to-day artist needs which may include but is not limited to delivering parcels/luggage to artists’ housing, status of housing wi-fi and cable service before residency and support during residency, checking in on artist well-being throughout their stay and representing the Playhouse when working with outside vendors and service providers.
- Management Associate duties will include assisting Associate Producer with designer travel, artist contracts, in-house hiring communication and on-boarding packets as well as track delivery and reception of the same.
- Assist COVID Safety team in scheduling and coordination of artistic/production testing as needed.
- Coordinate with HR and Payroll all pre-first day training and documentations needed.
- Learn about theatrical union contracts for better understanding of contract language and help with union compliance reporting.
- General office work such as scanning and documenting all artist contracts throughout the year into online storage and assist in assembling grant data for various departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hospitality and arts administration experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency required, including good working knowledge of Microsoft 360 Office and online programs such as “Sign-up Genius”.
- High school education and above
- Interest in theatre and the arts is beneficial.
- A calm, patient, diplomatic, empathetic, confident and pleasant demeanor in working with artists, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Comfort with fast-paced environment which calls for flexibility and initiative.
- High ability to identify and prioritize guest artists’ needs while balancing several projects at a time.
- Attention to detail, organization and accuracy.
- Maintains integrity and ethics through difficult situations and conversations.
- Commitment to DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility) values, and the ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and working styles.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Position is primarily located in climate-controlled facilities, except when transporting artists and supplies.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of standard office equipment (computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets).
- Position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a large cargo/passenger van (No CDL required).
- Physical demands will require an ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (max luggage weight), carrying luggage up and down stairs, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, general housekeeping skills and occasional non-industrial ladder usage.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, listen, speak, climb stairs, walk and occasionally run.
- Ability to speak clearly with and hear/listen to co-workers/guest artists/volunteers via phone, texting or in person.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
All employees are required to receive the COVID19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and Federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Suann Pollock, Associate Producer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc: Amy Stier, Human Resources (email@example.com). Review of materials will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.