CenterStage Players is excited to announce auditions for our world premiere of INCORRIGIBLE.
Local playwright Teri Foltz gives us a story of men and how they deal with emotions of grief, shame, and anger. Sigmund Freud said, “Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in ugly ways.” Every character in Incorrigible is dealing with grief, shame and anger. And they suffer silently and alone. Everybody has a past…some people still live there.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, October 3 from 1:00-3:00 PM and on Monday, October 4 from 7:00-9:00 PM at Lockland High School (249 W Forrer Avenue – Cincinnati – enter through door #10).
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Headshots and resumes are appreciated.
Reserve an audition time via the following link (walk-ins will be accommodated if possible as the schedule allows):
Cast of Characters (NO roles have been pre-cast):
- ROBBY – A high school senior with a reputation for being “incorrigible.” He gets into fights often and has been suspended several times. He is smart, but more of a smart aleck when he speaks to his father or other authority figures. He lives with his father who graduated from the same high school where Robby attends. His mother died when Robby was four years old. Robby is 17-18.
- GEORGE – Robby’s father- around 50 years old – a successful businessman. He has never healed from the grief of losing his wife who had been his high school sweetheart.
- DAVIS – The high school principal who began as an assistant principal when George was a senior in high school. He is about to retire. He is smart and instinctive when it comes to troubled teens. Davis is in his early 60’s.
- JAKE – The high school custodian who also graduated from this high school with Robby’s father, George. Jake grew up as a foster child and only came to this high school his senior year before he was aged out of foster care. Davis, the assistant principal at the time, helped him at a critical moment in his life. He is also around 50 years old.
- CHELSEA – A high school cheerleader with an alcoholic mother. She takes a liking to Robby, who does not know how to respond to friendship. Chelsea is 17-18.
- AUNT DEBBIE – Robby’s aunt; his mother’s sister. Estranged family member. Debbie is in her mid- to late 40’s.
Character ages are for reference only.
Rehearsals will begin in early December and the show dates are February 18-27, 2022.
Directed by Mark Culp
Produced by Lisa Hunt