Starting Date: As early as 7/15/19
Know Theatre of Cincinnati, a 99 seat contemporary theatre company in its 22nd season, seeks a passionate, energized candidate for the position of Marketing & Community Relations Manager to join its small, but mighty, team of full time employees.
Know Theatre is Cincinnati’s Theatrical Playground. The Know showcases unexpected voices, new works, and plays that embrace the inherent theatricality of the live experience. Know Theatre seeks to be a place where artists and audiences feel welcome to take artistic risks, creating work that is cutting edge and accessible.
As one of only a handful of theatres around the country led by a designer, Know Theatre prides itself on the production values it can achieve on a limited budget.
Know Produces 5-8 MainStage productions per season on a year round schedule, along with several smaller scale Second Stage productions and special events designated as “Irregular Programming.”
Know also produces the annual Cincinnati Fringe Festival, a 14 day festival with pop up venues throughout Know’s Historic Neighborhood, Over-the-Rhine.
The Marketing and Community Relations Manager position at Know Theatre encompasses responsibilities that involve marketing, public relations, and front of house responsibilities.
These responsibilities can be broken down into several categories.
– Event Coordination
– Community Outreach
– Sales/Box Office
– House Management/Bar
The Marketing and Community Relations Manager is also responsible for fulfilling duties some of which are shared by all company members, which shall be noted as Additional Responsibilities.
Duties under each of these categories include, but are not limited to, the following.
– Helps create and oversee the marketing budgets.
– Assists in setting, tracking, and maintaining the marketing timeline and goals.
– Assists in creating collateral digital marketing material including graphics for use in social media.
– Coordinates pick up and distribution of marketing collateral.
– Assists in designing and maintaining the Know Theatre and Fringe Festival websites.
– Serves as primary press contact for the organization.
– Drafts press releases and media alerts.
– Updates ArtsWave guide and other digital event calendars for all events.
– Coordinates and distributes production photography.
– Coordinates promotional photo shoots and videography.
– Creates Know’s Email newsletter.
– Crafts messaging and strategy for other email and social media communications.
– Assists in managing Know Theatre’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat).
– Coordinates mailing/marketing materials for educational programming.
– Serves as a supervisor of Scripps Howard Communications Intern each Spring.
– Serves as the face of the organization at events around Cincinnati.
– Builds and maintains relationships with community partners.
– Engages affinity and community groups on a season wide and per production basis.
– Serves as liaison for community based programming conducted with partner organizations.
– Crafts, plans, and executes personalized weekly email outreach to members, and occasional email outreach to flex pass holders and donors.
Box Office and Sales
– Manages Box Office, including creation and maintenance of events within the ticketing system.
– Coordinates the hiring, scheduling, and training of Box Office overhire.
– Assists in maintaining Box Office Policy.
– Assists in ad sales for playbill and Fringe Guide publications.
Front of House Management
– Manages House Management Staffing.
– Coordinate hiring, scheduling, and training of House Management overhire.
– Maintain House Management documentation for each show.
– Compiles information for Curtain Speeches.
– Acts as Bar Series Manager for the Cincinnati Fringe Festival.
– Schedules and facilitates food donations/trucks during Fringe.
– Facilitates volunteer coordination, etc, including volunteer recruitment throughout the year.
– Assists in managing member and fundraising events.
– Oversees event details including, but not limited to set-up, bar, food, signage, decorations, security, registration, marketing, printing, transportation, & off-site activities.
– Participates in special events as “all staff.”
– Maintains inventory of supplies for the Underground Lobby Bar.
– Serves as a liaison for volunteers as needed during office hours and events.
– Participates in fundraising events.
– Serves as House Manager as required.
– Serves as Box Officer as required.
– Serves as a technician as required.
– Serves as a bartender as available.
– Answers phones during regular office hours when available.
– Participates in facilities cleanup and maintenance as required.
Specific duties may be altered based on candidate’s skill set and interest.
– This is a full time salaried position at $480.77 per week, paid bi-monthly ($25,000 annually).
– Health insurance coverage is available through Know Theatre’s group plan.
– Each full time Know Theatre employee is accorded 2 weeks of vacation per fiscal year. Vacation is scheduled as can be accommodated by KTC’s production schedule.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
– Proficiency with standard office software, especially google docs.
– Familiarity with email marketing systems like MailChimp.
– Familiarity with basic graphic design and design software (like photoshop, GIMP, InDesign, etc).
– Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to work independently or collaboratively.
– Significant writing experience, whether fiction or non-fiction.
– Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
– Theatrical background and understanding of the theatrical process.
– Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines. Must have ability to plan projects and work independently.
– Experience with marketing, social media, and targeted advertising.
Know Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to have our work and the artists who make it reflect the diversity of our community and the world around us. Applicants from all backgrounds are both welcomed and encouraged to apply.
For questions or to apply, please send cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com.