CABARET | Directed by Kathy Mola
Auditions: Monday April 15 (7-9pm), Tuesday April 16 (7-9pm)
Beavercreek Community Theatre
3868 Dayton Xenia Rd, Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
Director, Kathy Mola, Music Director, Chuck Larkowski and Choreographer, Michael Shepherd are looking for the following cast for Cabaret:
- Emcee – appearing late 20’s to late 30’s
- Sally Bowles – appearing 30’s
- Cliff Bradshaw – appearing mid 20’s to mid 30’s
- Fraulein Schneider – appearing mid 50’s to mid 60’s
- Herr Schultz – appearing mid 50’s to mid 60’s
- Fraulein Kost – appearing 40’s
- Herr Ernst Ludwig – 30’s to ???
- In addition to the above named cast we are also looking for at least 6 women and 4 men who will play multiple roles throughout (KitKat performers and guests, townspeople etc.) Please be advised that these 10 cast members along with Sally and the Emcee may be asked to wear provocative and/or lewd costumes. Please be sure you are willing to do this BEFORE auditioning.
- Please prepare a 1 minute Broadway style song.
- You will also be taught and asked to perform a short dance number, so dress appropriately. If time allows there will be some cold readings from the script.
- If necessary, Call Backs will be held on Wed. (17th) at 7:00 pm.
- Please bring a resume and photo if you have one and be prepared to list ANY CONFLICTS (including weekends) between April 18th and the closing of the show on June 30th.
- Performance dates: June 21-30.
In a Berlin nightclub, as the 1920’s draw to a close, a garish Master of Ceremonies welcomes the audience and assures them they will forget all their troubles at the CABARET. With the Emcee’s bawdy songs as wry commentary, CABARET explores the dark, heady, and tumultuous life of Berlin’s natives and expatriates as Germany slowly yields to the emerging Third Reich. Cliff, a young American writer newly arrived in Berlin, is immediately taken by English singer Sally Bowles. Meanwhile, Fräulein Schneider, proprietor of Cliff and Sally’s boardinghouse, tentatively begins a romance with Herr Schultz, a mild-mannered fruit seller who happens to be Jewish. Musical numbers include “Willkommen,” “Cabaret,” “Don’t Tell Mama” and “Two Ladies.”