Strong Brothers Films 2017 Cincinnati 48 Hour Film Project winners of best special effects, costumes & make up, and 3rd place best overall film!
Open Call to All Cincinnati Actors!
We are Strong Brothers Films and have a team participating in the Cincinnati 48 Hour Film Project (http://www.48hourfilm.com/cincinnati-oh). Want to have some fun?
The project contest runs from June 2nd—3rd, 2018. Teams pull 1 of 30 genres, Comedy, Drama, Horror, etc. from a hat at 6:00 pm EDT Friday June 1st and must turn in a 7-minute film by 6:00 pm EDT Sunday June 3rd. We plan on all filming occurring Saturday June 2nd, 2018.
We had a wonderful time with all of the actors we met on Behind The Curtain who participated in the 2017 48 Hr. Film Project with us.
- **Actors cannot be paid per contest rules**
- The shoot will be catered and have water/pop, etc. all day.
- We are professionals and want to have a fun, productive experience.
- This project is highly visible with a movie theater screening before an audience of hundreds of local people, including other local filmmakers who may want you for projects after the contest.
- Many films end up on Youtube, etc.
- There is a chance to win state, nationals, etc. which improves your visibility as an actor
- We do not know what genre we will draw
- So we don’t know what the location is other than in the Cincinnati metropolitan area.
- We currently don’t know what the role is but there will not be anything untoward such as nudity, excessive expletives, general weirdness (e.g., not a Tarantino movie).
- You DO NOT need to be a professional actor, just have acting experience even if it is just schooling.
- You MUST be available all day and evening Saturday June 2nd, 2018.
- Even if you have availability and commit you MAY NOT BE SELECTED based upon the genre we draw (e.g., a coming of age movie with teens can’t have too many middle-aged people). You may still be able to participate in other ways if you like.
- DVDs of the finished 7 minute film are available upon request.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!