Due to the illness of the director, the March 16th audition is cancelled. The rescheduled date is Wed. March 21 from 7-9pm. Auditions will still be held on Sunday, March 18 from 2-4pm. Please contact Elaine Volker, email@example.com if you cannot make those dates. The director can arrange to meet with you at a convenient time.
The Drama Workshop will hold auditions for the comedic melodrama Egad! The Woman in White on March 16 at 7:00 p.m. and March 18 at 2:00 p.m. at the Glenmore Playhouse, 3716 Glenmore Ave., Cheviot, OH 45211. The doors will open 30 minutes before each session. There are roles available for actors and actresses ranging in age from 17 to 70. In addition, musical and specialty acts will be auditioned at a later date. The play will run August 10 – 26 at the Glenmore Playhouse.
Egad! The Woman in White is a laugh-oriented, old-fashioned melodrama based on the Wilkie Collins’ classic. Set in London, the play features a disreputable villain who seals his wife in a madhouse in order to steal her vast fortune. But he’s scared of the mysterious “Woman in White” who’s escaped from the asylum in order to seek him out. A parade of comedic characters and a dual between villain and villainess bring gales of laughter, terminating only when the villain is brought to justice in an outrageous and audience-cheering finale. Directed by Marcha Hunley.
The play features roles for 7 women and 3 men ranging in age from 17 – 70. Additionally, specialty and musical performers who will perform between the play’s scenes will be auditioned at a later date.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. No appointment is necessary. Headshots and resumes are appreciated but not required.
Characters in Egad! The Woman In White include:
- Sir Percival Glyde – a complete scoundrel, but rather charming in a villainous way.
- Dora – his inept housekeeper.
- Lawyer Gilmore – all business and a thorn in the side of Sir Percival.
- Countess Fasco – a clever creature, up to no good. Runs the madhouse.
- Mrs. Gatherick – a victim of Sir Percival’s character.
- Frederick Fairlee – a hypochondriac, given to fits of sneezing.
- Marian – his niece, lovely and sincere.
- Laura – another niece, in love with the drawing master but promised to Sir Percival.
- Walter Hartwright – the drawing master in love with Laura. Manly, honest, a good sort.
- Miss Peach – an attendant in Countess Fasco’s asylum.
- The Woman in White – a figure of mystery and a cause for alarm.