Job Title: Membership Services Specialist
Supervisor: Assistant Membership Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time, non-exempt
Prepared By: Director of Human Resources
Prepared Date: 7/1/2017
Approved By: Director of Human Resources
Approved Date: 2/7/2018
The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is a professional organization for theatre education with more than 100,000 members nationwide. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education by: honoring student achievement in theatre and enriching their theatre education experience; supporting teachers by providing professional development, networking opportunities, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA is the home of the International Thespian Society, an honorary organization that has inducted more than 2.2 million theatre students since its founding in 1929.
Position Summary: EdTA seeks a Membership Service Specialist to work high school and middle school teachers who are starting and managing their student honor society, providing member support, and sharing actionable information with departmental leadership.
The Membership Service Specialist supports the Membership team in meeting the various needs of the department. Success in the role requires the ability to build relationships with professional members, staff and volunteers, an affinity toward data management, research, and some amount of transactional account management.
- Consults daily as an expert-level source for membership and troupe management assistance via phone and email. Requires extensive knowledge of organizational policies, guidelines, handbooks, and Association activities.
- Answers inquiries and provides professional, prompt, courteous, complete service. Provides equal service with respect to email, telephone, and other communication modalities with the Association.
- Serves as an expert, via phone and email, for navigation and use of the Association’s website. Develops expert-level knowledge of all areas and content of the website.
- Responsible for checking, monitoring, maintaining, and clearing the Association’s automated telephone system. Routes inbound calls to relevant Association staff.
- Outreach to prospective members to answer questions, recruit and encourage membership.
- Accurately and promptly enters dues, registration, accounts receivable, subscription, merchandise order and other transactions to the association management system (AMS)..
- Assists with billing, mailings, information requests, and related member retention processes..
- Reviews web transactions submitted to the Association website.
- Maintains Association data and records according to established procedures and standards. Includes creating and updating records, record management, contact and activity recording, filing, etc.
- Fulfills membership purchases and orders (printing membership cards, certificates, etc.) daily.
- Serve as backup to the Inventory and Shipping Coordinator for daily shipping and mail procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- May be asked to travel, occasionally, on behalf of the Association.
- Vacation time is not permitted annually from April 15 – May 31.
- Some overtime may be required annually from April 15 – May 31.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Affinity toward and experience with customer service roles.
- High detail orientation.
- High level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook. At least basic skill with MS Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to think and act independently, within one’s authority.
- Experience in the non-profit sector, theatre and/or education preferred.
- Experience with transactional account management.
- High school level math skills.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Please submit cover letter and résumé by email (Subject Line: EdTA Membership Service Specialist) to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org.
First consideration will be given to applications received by February 23.
No phone calls, please.