- Working Title: Costume Shop Coordinator
- Department: School of the Arts
- Position Number: 30000407
- Position Status: Regular
- Work Schedule: Full time – schedule based on performance schedules
- Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged. We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
- Purpose of Position
The Costume Shop Coordinator will manage operations and assist with 6-7 main stage productions, additional showcase productions, 5 touring outreach troupes, and a summer season. Training students in costume construction is a major part of this position. NKU Theatre & Dance has over 250 majors, and offers a B.F.A. in design/technology.
- Primary Responsibilities
This position assists the Faculty Costume Designer in the training of students, the supervision of the costume shop, and the maintenance of shop equipment and costume stock. Providing a safe and pleasant learning environment is of paramount importance, as is willing involvement in the collaborative production process. This position will establish,teach and enforce safety procedures, which include abiding by OSHA standards.This position requires expertise in all areas of costume construction, crafts, and tools, and the ability to pass this knowledge on to students. In addition, experience with makeup and hair is desirable.
The Costume Shop Coordinator will maintain equipment, inventory and order shop supplies, purchase materials for production builds, maintain production budget accounts, and maintain order in costume storage. They will also drape, draft, cut patterns, and construct costumes, assisted by the Costume Designer, as required for the efficient completion of each production.
- B.A./B.F.A. degree, or equivalent experience, with an emphasis in costume construction and technology and a basic knowledge of costume history/costume design.
- The minimum amount of previous related experience required is 2-3 years, demonstrating a commitment to the collaborative production process.
- Acceptable equivalency is 5 years of professional experience, M.F.A. degree, or college teaching.
- This position involves flexible hours based on production schedules.
- Application review will begin early October.
- Minimum Education: Acceptable Equivalency
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Experience: 2 years
- Pay Grade: S69
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number: 2016S615
Job Open Date: 09/20/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Quick Link: http://jobs.nku.edu/postings/4723
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application