Mariemont Players and director Becky Mullins announce auditions for Three Bags Full by Jerome Chodorov.
- 1 PM Sunday, August 12th
- 7 PM Monday, August 13th
Location: 4101 Walton Creek Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227
Performance Dates: January 11th-27th, 2018
A bright French farce about a greedy merchant who finds himself snookered into being a matchmaker for two daughters, one the child of his wife and the other the maid’s offspring. Rebellious young ladies, a comely new maid, pregnant ladies and mistaken identities lead to explosive hilarity. A larcenous employee who has embezzled half a million dollars even offers to return it for a managerial position and the daughter’s hand. Half of the loot is in diamonds and half in cash the stashes in separate but identical bags. A third identical bag contains the maid’s skivvies.
Characters (acting ages vary)
- Bascom Barlow (>35) – Greedy sports goods business owner, father, husband, center of the action.
- Richard Foyle (<35) – Scheming employee of Bascom, in love with Bascom’s daughter.
- Boris (<35) – The Barlow’s chauffer, and the true love of Bascom’s daughter.
- Mr. Cottingham (>35) – Wealthy bank merchant and friend of Bascom.
- Preston Cottingham (<35) – Lazy son of Mr Cottingham. In love with the Barlow’s maid.
- Jenkins (age various) – Butler for the Barlow household
- Genevieve Barlow (>35) – Mrs. Barlow, competent, socialite, artistic.
- Angela Barlow (<35) – Bascom’s headstrong & rebellious daughter.
- Charlotte (>35) – Mysterious new maid.
- Jeanette (<35) – Young love of Richard.
- Kathleen (age various) – Irish, previous maid for the Barlow household, in love with Preston Cottingham.
Rehearsals will begin in November.
Please bring a resume and head shot. For more information or to review a copy if the script, please contact director Becky Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org.