Position title: Theater Technician
Status: Part-Time, As needed
Department: Campus Facilities
Reports to: Lead Theater Technician, Coordinator of Campus Events and Conference Services
Purpose: The Theater Technician assists in stage, sound, and lighting services as needed for events on Mount St. Joseph University’s campus.
Primary Contacts: Coordinator for Campus Events and Conference Services, Theatre Technicians, students, and campus visitors
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works under immediate supervision with work assignments reviewed at frequent intervals or at pre-determined times.
- Education: High School Diploma required.
- Experience: Professional-level experience in stage, sound, and lighting setup.
- Specialized Training: Must be able to occasionally lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and be available at various times and days throughout the week which can include weeknights and/or weekends as needed.
- exhibit a “student/customer first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify department and other customer needs
- available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- collaborate well with others and help make Theater staff a cohesive group
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common office or University goals
- willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Campus Facilities area as required during high service demand times
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- must possess effective communication skills
- maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Occasional lifting and work on eveings and weekends to accommodate event schedule.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Katrina.Kenton@msj.edu with “Attn: Theater Technician Search” in the subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.