PETER AND THE STARCATCHER
Directed by Nicholas Brown
Produced by Kevin Noll & Abigail James
Vocal Directed by Sam Downs
Choreographed by Anna Brown
Auditions will take place in the Community Room from 6-9pm on Tuesday, March 22nd and Thursday, March 24th.
- Please prepare a song in the style of a sea shanty or similar tune (a musical theatre tune is also acceptable) to sing acapella.
- Come prepared to also read from the script and possibly sing a song from the show, as there will not be callbacks.
- Sides and songs will be available via the link here, a couple of weeks before the audition dates.
Please come with a list of your conflicts in April and May. It is recommended to provide a headshot and resume, though it is not required. Audition forms will be provided in advance.
If you cannot attend in-person auditions but would still like to be considered for a role, please email the director, Nicholas Brown, at email@example.com. Include your resume, brief video of you singing a song acapella, and a filled out audition form prior to the audition dates. You may be asked to send in another video of you reading from the script.
Roles Available for 1-2 Females | 10-11 Males | Ensemble of all genders
- Black Stache: male, 30-50, a notorious pirate, terrorizing the seven seas in search of a worthy adversary. Heartless, hirsute, and suspiciously well read. Partial to the poetical and theatrical, which causes him to behave quite flamboyantly.
- Molly Aster: female, 13-25, a young girl and Starcatcher apprentice who is taken aboard the Neverland as precious cargo. Curious and intelligent, she is only beginning to understand the confusing romantic longings that come with her age. She will risk anything for the sake of what is right.
- Boy/Peter: male, 13-25, a lonely and hardened orphan who doesn’t miss much. Nameless, homeless, and friendless at the beginning of the play and a hero by the end. He wants a home and a family more than anything, and dreams of a life of being free.
- Grempkin: male, 40-60, the schoolmaster of St. Norbert’s Orphanage for Lost Boys. Mean and malodorous, he revels in keeping his boys in the dark and malnourished.
- Mrs. Bumbrake: male, 40-60, Molly’s nanny, a stereotypical British cad and outfitted with the duty of teaching Molly about womanhood. She still has enough charm in her age to attract a sailor or two.
- Bill Slank: male, 35-55, the vicious orphaned captain of the Neverland. Does not possess the capacity to lead anyone but himself, which puts himself constantly in disaster. Greedy enough to send boys to their doom for the chance of gaining starstuff.
- Smee: any gender, 25-55, Black Stache’s first mate. He is single-mindedly dedicated to his captain’s every whim.
- Prentiss: male, 13-25, an orphan, ambitious, hyper articulate, and logical. He yearns to be leader, even when he knows in his heart that he’ll never be one. A bit of a blowhard with a touch of cowardice.
- Alf: male, 50-65, a seafarer, an old sea dog proud of his tenure. His kind heart gives him an appeal to the feminine sensibility.
- Lord Leonard Aster: male, 40-60, Molly’s father, a loyal subject to the Queen. The very model of a Victorian English gentleman, he is a faithful friend and a secret Starcatcher.
- Captain Robert Falcon Scott: male, 35-45, Lord Aster’s old school friend, the captain of the Wasp, Britain’s fastest frigate. Lives with nautical bravura and heroic patriotism.
- Ted: male, 13-25, an orphan obsessed with food. A natural performer with easy wit and quite poetic language.
- Ensemble: all genders, Sailors; Seamen; Seafarers; Orphans; Pirates; Mermaids; Mollusks; Narrators
A young orphan and his mates are shipped off from Victorian England to a distant island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. They know nothing of the mysterious trunk in the captain’s cabin, which contains a precious, otherworldly cargo. At sea, the boys are discovered by a precocious young girl named Molly, a Starcatcher-in-training who realizes that the trunk’s precious cargo is starstuff, a celestial substance so powerful that it must never fall into the wrong hands. When the ship is taken over by pirates – led by the fearsome Black Stache, a villain determined to claim the trunk and its treasure for his own – the journey quickly becomes a thrilling adventure.
Performance Dates: May 27-29, 2022