DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high-quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Digital Marketing Manager will assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. A successful Digital Marketing Manager will lead TCT internally to achieve its mission and be an active advocate in the community, and online and will be responsible for maintaining high-quality standards and ensuring the consistency of the TCT brand on all platforms.
The Digital Marketing Manager implements and manages TCT’s social media, digital marketing, and website content and implementation.
This position reports to the Sales and Marketing Director and works closely with the Creative Projects Manager and all internal departments, including Artistic, Development, Production, and Education.
This is a full-time, exempt position that at times will require evening and weekend hours when TCT programming and events often take place.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Director and Creative Projects Manager to develop, implement, and coordinate sharable content for TCT’s social media accounts and TCT’s website, www.thechildrenstheatre.com, promoting engagement with an eye towards informative and engaging content, as well as growing and diversifying TCT’s audience. (Content creation, like video and graphics, will be handled primarily by TCT’s Creative Projects Manager.)
- Coordinate, schedule, and publish social media content for TCT’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Manage relationships and interact with outside vendors (including TCT’s social media and website consultants) to ensure that all strategy and implementation is created and executed according to TCT’s standards. Including reporting, insights, and metrics.
- Manage all digital advertising (SEM, Display, Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram) including engagement with our national consultant, Capacity Interactive.
- Monitor, respond, and appropriately engage with TCT’s social media account users.
- Observe local and national arts, non-profit, and community organizations to assist in potential collaboration and message planning.
- Coordinate with local and national bloggers and media in their creation of sharable coverage on social channels.
- Plan and implement staff and artist social media takeovers.
- Remain current on new technology, trends, restrictions, and industry best practices.
- Maintain a calendar of all social media deadlines, website content creation dates, and ensure all tasks are completed on time. Monday.com experience a plus.
- Complete management of the TCT website, including the creation and update of site content.
- Act as liaison with TCT’s web developer, Plank, on current design, maintenance, enhancement, and troubleshooting issues.
DIGITAL ASSETS & EMAIL:
- Share digital assets with schools and venues that book TCT programming.
- Keep an organized database of press-ready photos for institutional use and publicity purposes, including creating and updating press kits on TCT’s website.
- Work collaboratively to provide professional and creative solutions to meet social media needs.
- Handle internal posting of digital assets on TCT’s Red Bank monitors via YoDeck.
- Coordinate digital postings with local school systems via PeachJar.
- Responsible for all online listings for TCT programming.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Director with Broadway On Demand assets and implementation.
- Assist the Creative Projects Manager with email marketing campaigns, including planning, scheduling, and deploying; writing and editing copy; and determining visual content through DotDigital.
DATA ANALYTICS & REPORTING:
- Analyze and report website traffic, social media metrics, and email campaigns using measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Spektrix reporting, etc., and share data, reporting, and strategy recommendations with other departments, board, and staff, upon request.
- Create and administer surveys and other data collection.
- On-site duties at events and performances throughout the season include serving on a rotational basis for programmatic activities with the TCT Crown Club and MainStage and Academy productions.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings and provide input into marketing and communications strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
While fulfilling duties, the Digital Marketing Manager will:
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing department to fulfill the mission of TCT.
- Be an advocate for TCT in the community.
- Consistently and accurately articulate the philosophy and policies of TCT to the staff, patrons, and public.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience in marketing, public relations, communications, content development, or a related field.
- 2-4 years experience in social media marketing with a proven track record.
- Experience in copywriting with a focus on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), effective digital ad creation and placements, and the ability to craft and execute compelling content/campaigns in Google, Facebook, Instagram, and other digital media platforms.
- Expertise with content placement and/or creation for professional YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and up-and-coming social media platforms (like Tik-Tok!), both paid and organic.
- This individual must have a high energy level, be creative and innovative with strong written and speaking skills.
- Key characteristics of the ideal candidate include innate curiosity, adaptability, and creativity.
- A quick learner able to manage various programs and get up to speed quickly where needed, yet unafraid to ask for help or admit when they do not know the answer.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and act independently but also work with and contribute as part of a strong, effective, and close-knit tribe.
- Proficient in Office 365, Dropbox, Canva, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, Hootsuite, and Facebook Content Creator Studio.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) a plus.
- Outgoing personality that enjoys interacting with members of the community.
- Superior writing abilities with demonstrated experience, particularly for video, email, and social media. Excellent proofreading skills, with an eye for clever design.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, manage multiple projects, and excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service mindset.
- Solid project and time management skills essential.
- A passion for theatre and/or the arts & entertainment a plus.
- A great sense of humor is a must!
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $35,000 to $45,000
- Health, vision, and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period.
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available, after a waiting period, with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service.
- Generous PTO accrual based on years of service.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
- Flexible schedule opportunities.
No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a cover letter/resume, writing samples, portfolios, and demo reels. (files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome).
Please submit your materials along with references by Wednesday, July 7, 2021, to TCT’s Sales and Marketing Director at: email@example.com. Subject Line: TCT DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER 2021
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.