CCMONSTAGE Play Series presents Wilde’s 19th-century satire about marriage, sex and gender politics on Oct. 2-6, 2019. Tickets are on sale now.
CINCINNATI, OH — The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) opens its new CCMONSTAGE Play Series with Oscar Wilde’s Lady Windermere’s Fan, playing Oct. 3-6 with a preview performance on Wednesday, Oct. 2. Dubbed “smart, funny” by the San Francisco Chronicle, this 19th-century satire connects with modern audiences with its biting criticism of a hypocritical society.
“The play examines a time when reputation, gossip and social status were made and lost in the ballrooms and drawing rooms of the Victorian home,” says CCM Acting Professor Susan Felder, director of the production. “Social media moved slower, but it was still as rampant, reactive and harsh as a Twitter account.”
The play opens with plans for Lady Windermere’s coming of age party at 21 years old, but a rumor that her husband is having an affair with a mysterious woman taints the celebration. As she navigates through the Victorian double standards for men and women, Lady Windermere develops an altered understanding of what it means to be “respectable” and “good.”
Lady Windermere’s Fan was Oscar Wilde’s first theatrical success. Full of intrigue, secrets and shocking revelations, the comedy features one of the playwrights most famous lines: “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
Cincinnati Magazine named CCM’s production of Lady Windermere’s Fan a “can’t miss” event of Cincinnati’s arts season. Read more about this season’s Play Series in The News Record.
The 2019-20 CCMONSTAGE Play Series presents Lady Windermere’s Fan on Oct. 2 (preview)-6, 2019, at Patricia Corbett Theater. Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office; student discounts are available.
- Susan Felder, director
- Haleigh Salo*, production stage manager
- Lindsey Purvis, scenic designer
- Rachael Blackwell*, lighting designer
- Christa Hanks*, costume designer
- Oran Wongpandid*, wig and make-up designer
- Zachory Ivans*, sound designer
- Jonnie Lynn Jacobs-Percer, choreographer
- Rachel Jones*, dance captain
- Steve Miller, technical director
- Monica Walker*, assistant technical director
- Sammi Grant, dialect coach
* CCM Student
- Zoe Cotzias as Lady Windermere
- Olivia Buss as Mrs. Erlynne
- Kristina Steinmetz as The Duchess of Berwick
- Gabriella DiVincenzo as Anna Andreyevna, his wife
- Zoe Cotzias as Marya, his daughter
- Eli Lucas as Lord Windermere
- Cameron Nalley as Lord Darlington
- Jack Steiner as Lord Augustus Lorton
- Jack McElroy as Mr. Cecil Graham
- Sydney Miles as Lady Agatha Carlisle
- Briley Oakley as Lady Plymdale
- Shakoria Davis as Lady Stutfield
- Liza Lagerstrom as Lady Jedburgh
- Rachel Jones as Rosalie
- Isabella Wagner as Mrs. Cowper-Cowper
- Jason Pavlovich as Mrs. Dumby
- Leonard Peterson as Mr. Hopper
- Charles Gidney as Sir James Royston
- Austin James Cleri as Parker
- Duncan Weinland as Mr. Guy Berkeley
- Dustin Parsons as Lord Paisley
- Julianna Weis-Palacios as Lady Paisley
- Rin Wallace as Miss Graham
- Madison Pullman as Mrs. Bowden
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2 (preview)
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4
- 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6
Patricia Corbett Theater, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Single tickets prices start at $32.50; preview performance ticket prices start at $15.50. Student discounts and group rates are also available.
Learn about additional ticket options for current CCM students.
Subscribe to CCMONSTAGE’s Four-Show Play Series for just $89.
Tickets and subscriptions can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online now through our e-box office.
Directions and Parking
CCM is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. Please visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions for detailed driving directions to CCM Village.
Parking is available in UC’s CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors.
CCMONSTAGE Production Sponsor: Macy’s
A preeminent institution for the performing and media arts, the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) is the largest single source of performing arts presentations in the state of Ohio. All event dates and programs are subject to change. For a complete calendar of events, please visit us online at https://ccm.uc.edu/.
# # #