Open audition notice for DECISION HEIGHT by Meredith Dayna Levy
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, Aug 26 & 27, 2019, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Oct 11-27, 2019
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by David Senatore
Produced by Kathy Mola
DECISION HEIGHT tells the story of six Women’s Air Force Service Pilots (called WASPS) who flew aircraft during World War II. While they didn’t see combat, these ladies were responsible for transporting planes and pulling targets for live ammunition training, freeing the men for active duty after the attack on Pearl Harbor. The WASPS proved an important asset for the military, but have been largely forgotten in the history books. This play was the winner of the 2013 Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Aug 28 and Oct 27, 2019.
NOTE: If you would like to audition but are unavailable Aug 26 or 27, please contact the director at email@example.com to schedule an alternate time.
Character ages range from early 20’s to late 40’s, and can be of any ethnicity. The goal is to represent the array of women from varying social/economic backgrounds and cultural experiences who were able to bond over their love of flying.
- Virginia: Good natured, empathetic observer who takes strength from her faith
- Edith: Blunt, quick-witted, hot shot pilot whose hard shell protects a soft center
- Norma Jean: Strong, confident, leader with a natural grace and Southern charm
- Rosalie: Soft spoken, self-doubting youngster with big dreams of adventure
- Alice: The repressed housewife who is able to liberate herself through flying
- Carol: The energetic optimist who’s larger-than-life personality makes up for her short stature
- Mildred: Brassy girl who likes to generate drama, especially if it means self-gain. She’s a woman of few loyalties
- Mrs. Deaton: The government-employed den mother of the WASPs
- Ziggie: The female pilot instructor hired to train the recruits. Their safety is her top concern. Hard edged. Tough. A rare woman
For more information please contact David Senatore at firstname.lastname@example.org
The show runs weekends Oct 11-27, 2019
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/.