Showbiz Players is extremely proud to announce auditions for it’s 30th Anniversary Production, Frank Wildhorn’s THE CIVIL WAR.
- Sunday, November 20 – 6:00-9:00 pm
- Monday, November 21 – 7:00-10:00pm
Callback – Tuesday, November 22 – 7:00pm
Madisonville Recreation Center
5320 Stewart Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45227
This production of THE CIVIL WAR will be very special and will have a strong emotional impact. Besides the dramatic content, this show will be a celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Showbiz Players and will also be its final show. This production will be totally re-staged and re-imagined from our previous versions. Some of the songs previously sung by one person, may be sung by someone else or by multiple people this time. We have permission from Frank Wildhorn to change things from the script. He will be providing us with a new song for this production.
Multi-Ethnic Cast of Strong Singers Needed
- 12 Caucasian Men/6 Caucasian Women
- 5 African American Men/5 African American Women
- 2 Possibly Non-singing Caucasian Men
To sign up for an audition time slot – http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49a5a623a46-auditions
Audition Requirements – Bring sheet music in the correct key and prepare 16-32 Bars from your best Pop, Gospel or Broadway selection. No monologue required. Acting ability will be determined by the “selling” of your song. There will be a dance audition for those auditioning as interpretive dancers. Headshots are helpful but not required.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Director, Bunny Arszman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-325-7842.
Production Dates: April 28-May 6 at The Carnegie in Covington
Caucasian Male Roles:
- Confederate Captain Billy Pierce (age range 35-55) (Vocal range B5-A3)
- Union Captain Emmet Lochran (age range 35-60) (Vocal range B5-C4)
- Bill McEwen (age range 20’s-30’s)
- Nathaniel Taylor (20’s) (Vocal range B5-B3)
- Samuel Taylor (20’s)
- AutoLycus Fell (30’s)
- Narrator – Possibly Non-singing (40’s-60’s Country accent) – May play other roles
- Speaker of some of Abraham Lincoln quotes – Possibly non-singing (40’s-60’s)
- + Strong male singers for Solder’s Ensemble
African American Roles – Male & Female:
- Frederick Douglass (50’s) (Vocal Range D6-D4)
- Benjamin (30’s-40’s) (Vocal Range G5-C4)
- Clayton & Bessie Toler (Vocal Range C6-F3) – These roles have been pre-cast
- Harriet (Age Range 25-35) (Vocal Range C6-A3)
- 2 Interpretive Dancers – 1 Male/1 Female (potentially non-singing)
- + Strong Male/Female singers for Enslaved Ensemble
Caucasian Female Roles:
- Sarah McEwen (age range 18-30) (Vocal range F5-F3)
- The Nurse (age range 20’s-40’s)
- + Strong female singers for Civilian Ensemble (will be some solo opportunities)