Audience and Community Engagement Manager
The Human Race Theatre Company (HRTC) is seeking a highly motivated team player to take part in reinventing the Company’s brand. This marketing and publicity professional will promote the organization, its productions, programs and artists, as well as the “Loft Theatre experience” to new audiences in the greater Dayton region.
The Audience and Community Engagement Manager will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to drive brand engagement to targeted audiences. The ultimate goal is to increase ticket sales and increase awareness of the company’s profile within the community. The successful candidate will work to raise the organization’s profile locally, regionally and nationally as an artistic voice in the greater Miami Valley and a leading force in the development of new American theater.
Marketing and Publicity
- Generate content for and maintain existing social networking pages to increase friend/follower bases and engagement, and establish a presence on other relevant social media sites
- Ingratiate HRTC into online conversations to increase awareness of the company’s profile and expertise
- Build and maintain relationships with local and national media personnel, distribute press releases, pitch story ideas and coordinate artist interviews and appearances
- Follow and maintain up-to-date knowledge of company news and events as well as the arts on local and national levels to post and share with HRTC’s social media followers
- Photograph/video company/production-related events for posting/sharing on social media sites
- Oversee the production of promotional and informational videos
- Ensure that performances and events are listed on local websites’ and online event listings
- Direct community outreach efforts and represent HRTC at area events
- Assist in the development of campaigns and partnerships to attract new audiences
- Recommend and make updates/enhancements to website to increase engagement and traffic
- Compile analytical data and metrics to measure the success of social media, email marketing and online advertising campaigns
- Stay current on digital and web marketing, advertising, social media, and CRM tools and trends, especially in terms of their applications within the entertainment industry
- Oversee placement of show posters and fliers at area businesses
- Download and scan press articles and create post-production press kits
- Maintain department files, databases and archives
- Assist with the creation and coordination of production and collateral materials – contacting staff, guest artists and outside businesses/individuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, publicity or the arts
- Strong understanding of social media skills and platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook) and some experience with basic graphic design software as well as WordPress. Experience with Constant Contact email software, Adobe Creative Suite and Acrobat is helpful.
- Basic photography and videography skills
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the theatre or the performing arts industries preferred
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills, copy-writing and proof-reading skills
- Excellent time and project management skills for deadline-driven tasks
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license and auto coverage for occasional travel to offsite events/meetings
Hours, salary and benefits:
- 40 hours/week; flexible schedule (mostly daytime hours with some evenings and weekends)
- $30,000-$35,000/year annual salary
- Health & Dental insurance available
- Paid Vacation
- Complimentary tickets to productions
Performance and salary will be measured and reviewed annually.
Email resume, two references and two publicity-related writing sample, and links to any blog/social media postings, video/photography sample work you wish to share, to, email@example.com with the subject line: Audience and Community Engagement Manager. No phone calls, please. Application deadline is February 29, 2016.