MARKETING AND PUBLICATIONS INTERN
The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is a professional organization for theatre education with over 100,000 members nationwide. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education by: Honoring student achievement in theatre and enriching their theatre education experience; Supporting teachers by providing professional development, networking opportunities, resources, and recognition; and Influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA operates the International Thespian Society (ITS), an honorary organization that has inducted over 2 million theatre students since its founding in 1929.
POSITION: EdTA seeks a Marketing and Publications Intern to assist both departments with clerical and research tasks. This is a part-time position with plans for 20 hours a week in 2015.
SKILLS DESIRED: Essential skills include: excellent written and verbal communication, strong solo and team work ethic, fast and accurate data entry/ computer skills, and a warm and upbeat professional demeanor.
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Publications Intern
POSITION REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager and Associate Editor
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school diploma.
STATUS: Nonexempt; intern part-time
STARTING WAGE: $10.00 per hour
- Assist with PR
- Perform research for strategic initiatives
- Monitor/research social media for items of interest
- Execute social media postings on Facebook and Twitter
- Help design and execute social media calendar
- Help execute projects such as mailings, assembling promotional materials, update project log
- Administrative project management tasks–meetings, requests for quotes, etc.
- Pitch, research, and write magazine and online content
- Research content and links for our online College Resource Center
- Assist in fact-checking, transcription, and other day-to-day tasks
- Proofreading and proof wrangling
- Create database of potential arts education partner organizations
- Organize magazine archives
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated self-starter
- Social media experience
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Familiarity with InDesign/Photoshop is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in theatre is a plus
Please submit cover letter and résumé by email to:HRmanager@schooltheatre.org.
No phone calls, please.
2 responses to “EdTA Seeks Marketing and Publications Intern”
Hi, I was wondering when the internship would begin and how long it would be?
This is an information site, you need to contact EdTA with questions.