For all auditions, please bring a resume and headshot if you have them.
Please direct all audition questions to email@example.com
Directed by Ed Cohen
- (the role of Virgil Tibbs has been pre-cast)
- Chief Gillespie: 30-50
- Sam Wood: 20’s-30’s
- Pete: 20’s-40’s
- Tatum/Endicott/Jennings: 30’s-50’s
- Coroner/Mayor/Klansman: 40’s-50’s
- Harvey/Purdy/Klansman: 30’s-50’s
- Kaufman/Ralph/Klansman: 30’s-50’s
- Noreen Purdy: late teens/early 20’s (should play as teens)
Directed by Jared Doren
August 20 & 21
Show Dates: May 29-June 13, 2015
Prepare two contrasting pieces 16 – 32 bars max. No a cappella or taped auditions. May be asked to read from the script.
EIGHT: THE REINDEER MONOLOGUES
Directed by Tara Williams
September 7 & 9
Show dates: December 5-13, 2014
Auditions will be cold readings from the script.
- Dasher-Lead reindeer, in charge, 40-50, Male
- Cupid- Gay,flamboyant, gossip, 20-40, Male
- Hollywood- Conceited, celebrity wanna be, 20-40, Male
- Blitzen- Feminist, no nonsense, in your face, 20-50, Female
- Comet- Southern, former juvenile offender, brash, 30-50, Male
- Dancer- Jewish, ditzy, not sure what side to take, 30-50, Female
- Donner- Rudolf’s Dad, sympathetic, a bit lost, 40-50, Male
- Vixen- smart, sincere, full of sex appeal, 20-35, Female
Directed by Tracy M. Schoster
- Tood: early 20’s Genuine, bit of a dreamer but determined
- Sybil: mid 20’s. “Sophisticated” or “fast” in her crowd
- Weetsie: mid 20’s. Plain. Religious and very much the country girl.
- Aunt Ola: Mid 40’s-50. The mother-in-law of the 3 women. Strong, matriarchal.
- Kate: Early/Mid 40’s. Correspondent/Photographer for Life Magazine. Successful woman in a man’s world
- Addie Mae: Mid 40’s. Local newspaper reporter
- Tommy: early 20’s. The youngest brother of the family. Married to Tood. Eager, friendly and insecure.